There are various ways to identify whether you are the right fit or suitable for software tester or not, I will be giving few hints or tips for you
- Main characteristics of good software testers is you always look for defects in everything you use or interact with.
- As good tester you always enjoy finding bugs more than you enjoy fixing them.
- As good tester, you always feel a sense of satisfaction when you find a difficult-to-reproduce bug or critical bugs.
- As Tester, You always think on Quality of the software and improve the testing process for it.
- As Tester, You always eager to learn new things
- As Tester, You are a problem solver and a critical thinker.
- As Tester, You have excellent attention to detail.
- As Tester, You are able to communicate effectively with developers and other stakeholders.
- As Tester, You are not afraid to ask questions or challenge assumptions.
- As Tester, You are able to think creatively and outside of the box.
- As Tester, You are able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- As Tester, You have a strong work ethic and take pride in your work.
- As Tester, You have a strong understanding of testing methodologies and best practices.
- As Tester, You are able to prioritize and manage your workload effectively.
- As Tester, You are always looking for ways to automate repetitive tasks and improve efficiency.
- As Tester, You are able to maintain a positive attitude, even in challenging situations.
- As Tester, You have a good understanding of the risks and limitations of the software you are testing.
- As Tester, You have a good understanding of the software development life cycle(SDLC).
- As Tester, You are able to work well with developers and other stakeholders, even if you have different priorities and goals.
- As Tester, You are able to prioritize your testing efforts based on the level of risk and importance of different features.
- You are able to work well under tight deadlines.
I hope this list is exhaustive is very useful for you to identify your characteristics as software tester or not
Do comment on your feedback or inputs for it