In this post I all be discussing about the payment gateways which are being used in the e-commerce applications, where financial transactions are involved.
What is payment gateway?
- A payment gateway is a software service
- It is core part of an e-commerce application
- This software service helps to authorizes credit card or direct payments processing
- It can be used for any kind of business(e-commerce, online retailers, traditional business
- It facilitates seamless experience of online payment transaction(With great security)
Payment gateway Architecture?
What is Payment Gateway Testing?
- As part of testing we have to ensure transaction is fully secured
- By encrypting the customer information/financial information
- Seamless user experience
Payment gateway Testing Types
- It verifies functional perspective
- Verify Languages used
- Verify Currency used
- Payment methods(credit, debit, net banking, upi)
- Payments, refunds, disputes ,chargebacks
- This testing we do to validate the integration between e-commerce website with the payment gateway
- This testing also ensure payment gateway transactions are connected to the right bank
- Transaction from customer account to merchant account
- Testing involves checking the transactions by huge volume, stress, loading
- Can it take up multiple transaction across multiple payment options
Checking for Secured transactions(vulnerable for attacks? , encryption, secured all personal and bank information)
Payment gateway Test Scenarios
- Validate to ensure the customer and bank information transferred to gateway more of secured (HTTPs) channel.
- Validate for encrypted options/fraud prevention options
- Validate all the mandatory fields
- Validate all the credit card/debit/digital wallet/UPI numbers, expiry dates and CVV number both positive and negative
- Validate all the currency supports
- Validate the payment operation during session expired/Copy paste URL/Browser Back/Refresh and so on
- Validate the language supported
- Validated with all kinds of internet connections/disconnect internet during transaction and see the final results
- Validate for the email/sms responses for all successful and unsuccessful transactions
- Validate receipts/invoice can be downloadable for successful ones
- Validate the entries in the databases (for the reflections)
- Validate for all the error codes as per design scenarios