Product manager roles are key roles in any product development companies, This role is totally different compared the project manager. Below are the some of the difference between both
Project manager responsibilities
- Breaking up large initiatives to task.
- Planning project timelines.
- Allocating project resources.
- Monitoring and tracking task completion.
- Communicating progress to stake holders.
- Ensuring project completion in a set timeframe.
Product Managers Responsibilities
- Setting product visions.
- Communicating visions to stake holders.
- Developing strategic plan.
- Defining roadmap for the product.
What are the roles of a product manager
- The person will be responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle.
- The person is responsible for gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements.
- Defining the product vision.
- Will have to work closely with sales, engineering and marketing team.
- Must support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Must have the skill to observe everything in detail.
- Critical thinking.
- Time management.
- Work independently.
- Subject matter expert in the field.
- Customer relationship.
- Current market knowledge.
- Leadership sills
- Ability to think strategically.
What does a product manager do on a daily basis?
- Conducting meeting on a highly strategically role and will be accountable for the whole product lifecycle.
- Closer working with the development team on a daily basis.
Product manager career progression
They start their career as engineers or specialists in other functions and eventually step into product management later.
Certain companies hire and train young individuals through Google associate product manager program or Facebook rotational product manager program.
Salary of a product manager
- Canada: $106,591
- Germany :$125,582
- India : 20-30 Lakhs