It outlines the overall plan for automation testing to ensure better reliability and better testing experience.
Defining the resource requirements
- Human resources like testers, senior testers and leads are to be defined.
- Their roles and responsibilities must be made clear
- Must ensure the resources are knowledgeable without skill gaps.
- The required tools must be selected.
- The test environment and test data must be defined.
- The automation framework must be chosen whether modular, data oriented or hybrid framework is being used.
- The creating running and maintaining of the tools must be noted.
The risk assessment is carried out for human resource, skill gap, environment and others.
Benefits of test automation strategy
- Improves the test quality and efficiency.
- Saves time and effort.
- It increases the test coverage.
- It reduces the manual testing and hence speeds up work.