- Handles large amount of data and it is able to scale based on requirements of the data. When huge volume of data is used big data handles it quite well.
- Big data ensures proper handling of software and hardware failure graciously. In case of any issue with the data, the data will not get lost just have to move the data from one system to another.
- It is affordable though its complex.
- Handles various types of data, like structured, unstructured and mx of both. Structured data like DBMS, unstructured data like phots and videos.
- It is very complex and requires good hardware and software.
- It is difficult to migrate from older version to new version, hence difficult to adapt.
- Lack of skilled resources in the market also finding and retaining good resources is very challenging.
- There is a necessity of special skilled resources like data experts, data scientists and among others.