This is the crucial questions in software testing. Testing can stop when some of the below criteria’s are met
- Testing timelines: When the testing time lines are met we can stop the test.
- When the team meets the exit criteria for execution and pass rate: when all the tests are completed with good pass rates then the test can be stopped.
- Testing budget: When the budget gets over one may stop the testing.
- Failure rates: when the failure rates of tests are low that means the tests have passed well hence will stop testing.
- Satisfaction of clients: If the clients are happy with the end result then testing will be stopped.
- Sufficient test coverage: if there is 100% execution and it covers all the required tests then the testing can be stopped.