White box Testing is also called as glass box testing or clear box testing.
It is a testing technique that will examine the program given and derives the test data based on the program given.
For example consider a calculator,
if we program it like;
2×3=6 where a =2, b=3 and c=6.
In order to perform the whitebox testing, tester should know the programming skills
Using Whitebox testing we do perform different types of coverage as below
- Branch coverage: tests that involve if else function those are examples of branch codes and white box testing covers it.
- Conditional coverage: the code that involves conditions is covered in white box testing.
- Data flowing testing: how data flows from one stage to another using debugging skills.
- Path testing: It validates all paths giving different combination of data testing is done.
- Loop testing: The program that involves while or if loops it tests that perfectly.